Students must apply as a graduate student to the MSAT program via ApplyTexas.
Applications to the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program are reviewed on a rolling basis with one admission process annually. The priority deadline for admissions is November 15th and the final deadline is April 15th to enter the program in summer 2021. Applicants to the MSAT must meet the following requirements to be considered for regular admission. Graduate admissions.
- Submit official transcripts and have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- Submit official scores from the GRE obtained within the past 5 years;
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all program prerequisite coursework;
- Complete a minimum of 75 clinical observation hours under the supervision of a Certified and Licensed Athletic Trainer (for students in the pipeline program, this will be completed in ATTR 2300 at the undergraduate level);
- Submit proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification from the American Heart Association;
- Submit a completed program Immunization Review Form that is signed by a Primary Care Provider (MD, DO, PA, NP)
- Provide a minimum of two completed evaluation forms. One of these must be from an Athletic Trainer who supervised the student’s observation hours.
Students applying to the 3+2 program must additionally:
- Demonstrate an undergraduate major GPA of 3.25 or higher for all completed coursework; and
- Complete all program prerequisites prior to applying to the program.
Students applying to the stand-alone two-year program must additionally:
- Demonstrate completion of a bachelor’s degree with an official transcript from the awarding institution; and
- Complete all program prerequisites prior to the start of the program.
Prerequisite coursework is designated as either required or recommended. The required coursework must be satisfactorily completed (a grade of C or better) to be considered for regular admission to the MSAT program. The recommended coursework is optional but completed work in this area may benefit the student in their pursuit of admission to the MSAT program. Recommended prerequisite coursework that is completed at the time of program application will add additional points to the candidate acceptance rubric for the proposed degree. Prerequisite course work is available here.