Today@Sam Article

Philanthropy Today: Retirement Minimum Distributions Back On Track for 2021

April 5, 2021
SHSU Media Contact: Emily Binetti


“I use the qualified charitable distribution from my traditional IRA, because it is a quick, easy and convenient way to make a gift to a qualified charity. Also, the amount gifted to the qualified charity is excluded from my gross income for federal tax purposes and the amount counts toward the required minimum distribution from the tax deferred asset. It is obvious to me that if one is going to give to a 501(c)(3), the IRA charitable rollover is the way to go. It’s a win/win for the donor and the charity.”  —Dr. Jack D. Diehl (’64, ’66)

- END -

This page maintained by SHSU's Communications Office:

Director of Content Communications: Emily Binetti

Communications Manager: Mikah Boyd
Telephone: 936.294.1837

Communications Specialist: Campbell Atkins
Telephone: 936.294.2638

Please send comments, corrections, news tips to