How do I create my own student organization?
- Check OrgLINK to make sure there is not a similar organization that exists
- An organization's application will not be approved if it is similar to an existing organization
- Find at least 5 people and a faculty or full-time staff member to advise the organization
- Create a constitution based on the constitution checklist
- Fill out an application on OrgLINK
What are some of the benefits of being a registered student organization?
- Approval for posting flyers and posters on campus
- Room reservations for meetings and events on campus
- 50 free copies per week (must be related to organization operations)
- Access to graphic designer’s services
- OrgLINK webpage
- Potential funding for events and programs
- See more HERE!
How do I book a room on campus for group meetings? How do I reserve a table?
To reserve a room in the LSC or reserve a table in the LSC mall area, you would need to complete a reservation request form in the LSC office Room 311 or the LSC information desk. If you would like to reserve space in any other building you would need to contact the building liaison for room reservation requirements.
How can my student organization receive funding for an event/program?
There are two funding opportunities available to registered student organizations. The Campus Life Development Fund is available to help organizations bring an event or program to campus. The Travel Request Fund is available to assist organizations attend off-campus events such as conferences. Both forms are available in the Vice President of Student Affairs Office, Room 303 in the Lowman Student Center.
What is OrgLINK and why is it helpful?
OrgLINK is a directory of all student organizations that currently are registered at SHSU. OrgLINK allows students to search through different categories of organizations that might be of interest to them. If you are interested in a specific student organization, visit their page and listed will be a primary contact who you can email for more information regarding that student organization.
Need More Information?
Department of Leadership Initiatives
Lowman Student Center, Suite 328T