To apply for our Academic Scholarship, please follow the instructions below. Academic Scholarships are for $1,000. Draw Scholarships are for $500.
Academic Scholarship - Deadline: February 5, 2023
1. Go to MySam
2. Select the Students Tab
3. Click on Scholarships 4Kats
4. Complete General Application
5. Once the General Application is complete, select "Apply to Recommended Opportunities"
6. Search "SHSU Parents' Association Endowed Scholarship"
7. Answer question and apply
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Parent must be a current member of the SHSU Parents' Association
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in at least 12 hours at SHSU
- Applicant must have completed at least 12 hours at SHSU
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicant must have not previously received an academic scholarship from the SHSUPA
*Note: you will only see the Parents' Association Scholarship if you meet the requirements for eligibility.
*Students are automatically eligible for Draw Scholarships by your active Parents' Association Membership, no separate submission is necessary.*