BASIC AUDITION INFORMATION
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR CASTING
Click Fall Auditions or Sign Up Link
- Auditions are held at the beginning of each Fall and Spring semester.
- All Acting/Directing, Theatre Education and Theatre Studies Majors MUST audition for all straight plays, but may also audition for the musical.
- Musical Theatre Majors MUST audition for all shows each semester.
- Preparation and discipline is key: read the scripts, choose strong material, dress comfortably and appropriately and be early for your audition.
- Scripts can be checked out from Katie Prior, Theatre Manager, in UTC 120 for two (2) days.
- Theatre students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 in their major area to be in good academic standing. Students falling below this target GPA will be placed on probation for a semester. Probation will be a factor taken into consideration as decisions are made regarding casting, design, stage management, and directing opportunities as well as determining eligibility for paid student assistantship positions in the department.
For information not posted online it will be posted on the call board outside the University Theatre Center office (Room 110) or contact (936) 294-3968.