Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the BFA in Theatre with Emphasis in Acting & Directing at Sam Houston. We're looking forward to receiving your audition and learning more about you. Registration for our 2021-22 audition season will open on September 1, 2021 and will include two live audition opportunities and one recorded audition options:
LIVE AUDITIONS ON CAMPUS:
Saturday, February 5, 2022 (for Fall 2022 consideration)
Saturday, March 5, 2022 (for Fall 2022 consideration)
RECORDED AUDITION OPTIONS:
MAY 1ST, 2022 (for Fall 2022 consideration)
For ALL auditions, to get started, head to our landing page at GetAcceptd.
Once your audition Acceptd application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with more details regarding the audition. You DO NOT need to have applied and been accepted to the University before auditioning. This audition will be your scholarship audition as well so you DO NOT need to participate in a separate scholarship audition.
When submitting your audition materials, you will be asked for the following:
- 2 Letters of Recommendations & Transcript for Transfers
- Personal Statement (250 words max)
- Tell about yourself. We want to get to know you. We want to understand what makes you tick. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Please don't try to write what you think we want to hear. Relax and write something that will allow us to know you and see you for you who you are truly are.
- Two contrasting Monologues. (these will be performed live if attending live auditions)
- Total time of two pieces together not to exceed 3 minutes.
- One of the monologues must be from a contemporary play.
- Wild Card Video (this will be recorded and uploaded before attending live auditions)
- This is chance for us to see, hear, and get to know you. It helps us understand you as artist.
- Wild Card Part 1. – Fully Body shot, say your name and where you are from.
- Wild Card Part 2. – Medium Shot (top of your hear to your waist) do you have special skill? Do you play an instrument? Do you have you funny story? If you could be the best in the world at a totally useless skill what would it be and why? Your possibilities are endless, we what to hear a bit about what makes you, YOU!
Once again, thank you for your interest in Sam Houston.
For more information, please contact us using the contact information:
Department of Theatre & Musical Theatre
Kevin Crouch, Coordinator of Acting & Directing
Box 2297, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX 77341-2297
Phone:(936)294-1333 | Email at email@example.com
We offer a significant amount of department scholarships each year for new students. Your audition for the Theatre & Musical Theatre Program will serve as your department scholarship audition therefore you do not need to participate in the Theatre Scholarship Audition process. Individuals wishing to be considered for a department scholarship should fill out a scholarship application at Scholarships4Kats. Candidates will be notified via email before May 1 regarding department scholarships.
You might also consider applying for scholarships through the University. Application deadline for University scholarships is November 1. Apply at Scholarships4Kats.