Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology
Sam Houston State University's undergraduate degree program in psychology introduces you to both the science and profession of psychology and culminates in a Bachelor of Science degree. Since a career in psychology requires graduate work, the course requirements are oriented toward admission to graduate school.
The bachelor of science degree in psychology is a useful and interesting program of study for liberal arts students and those desiring work in such areas as human services, public relations, correctional institutions, rehabilitation facilities, program development, and research.
- Course Descriptions
- Careers in Psychology for the 21st Century A brochure on unique career opportunities for psychologists
published by the American Psychological Association.
- The Psychology Club - PSI CHI
- Academic Advising
Minor in Psychology
Psychology is an 18 hour Minor with the following requirements:
- 3 Hours = PSY 131 - Introduction to Psychology
- 6 Hours = Psychology Electives
- 9 Hours = One course from each of the blocks, experimental, personality/social/development, and clinical/adjustment/applied.
- View Curriculum
Psychology at The Woodlands Center
Check the course equivalency guide to see which psychology courses offered at The Woodlands Center will apply toward your Sam Houston State Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology.