This 120-hour degree program will equip students to design, develop, implement, and maintain corporate, hospital, and community wellness programs. The program will prepare students to manage and facilitate health and wellness initiatives in a wide variety of settings. This degree will also prepare you to apply to graduate school in Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Occupational Therapy, Exercise Science, and other related Allied Health and Human Movement Science areas.
Future job prospects include:
- cardiac rehabilitation,
- hospital/clinic-based fitness and wellness facilities,
- performance centers, research facilities,
- graduate education in exercise science and sport and human performance
Future graduate level education preparation:
- Athletic Training
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Chiropractic Care
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Masters in Exercise Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Other related Allied Health and Human Movement Science areas
This track is focused on clinical and research settings where you will be working with both clinical and general populations, such as at a cardiac rehabilitation facility, research laboratories, or at sport-science based performance facilities.
- Plan and develop a comprehensive exercise program
- Establish effective exercise programs for different populations
- Facilitate, teach, and promote exercise science program content areas
- Manage and direct comprehensive exercise programs
- Conduct and evaluate research in exercise science
Combined 3+2 Bachelor's and Master's Degrees
The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a concentration in Clinical Exercise Science can be earned in conjunction with the Masters of Science in Athletic Training degree via the 3+2 combined degree program, which allows some graduate-level work to count towards your bachelor’s degree.