Federal Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance

Each branch of service handles Tuition Assistance differently. To find out how to get started, visit your Educational Services Officer (ESO) or Education Counselor within your branch of military service for guidance. Service members eligible for enrollment must receive approval from their ESO or Education Counselor prior to enrolling in courses at Sam Houston State University (SHSU).

Federal Tuition Assistance benefits will be applied to the member's SHSU account prior to the application of Title IV funds.

For more information please visit the Sam Houston State University Registrar's Office - https://www.shsu.edu/dept/registrar/students/registration/demployment-military-benefit-information.html

Returning Service Members - Military Readmission

Service members who are temporarily unable to attend class or must suspend their studies due to service requirements will be re-admitted to their program. Students are advised to notify their program advisor in writing if they must suspend studies or cannot attend classes and notify their advisor when they are able to return to class and studies.

Payment Due Dates

If you are using military Tuition Assistance (TA), the servicemember must meet the payment deadline for the semester. See payment due dates on Cashier's webpage