The Student Organization Leadership Retreat (SOLR) will be held in the Lowman Student Center on August 12, 2021 starting at 8:30 AM. Each organization is required to send a student representative for the entirety of this retreat.
In addition to the in-person Student Organization Leadership Retreat, each student organization will also be required to complete an online Student Organization Required Training (SORT) through OrgLINK. A form will be posted in late July and each organization will be required to complete the online form no later than September 1, 2021 in order to maintain recognition by the university.
A form will be posted and made active on Friday, July 23, 2021. This Form is called “2021-22 Student Organization Required Training”. At least 1 member of each organization will be required to submit the completed form to the Department of Leadership Initiatives no later than 11:59 PM on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. This form can be accessed by clicking on the Forms tab on your OrgLINK homepage. Below is a screenshot of how to access the Forms tab on OrgLINK.
- This form contains videos that must be watched as well as quiz questions that will need to be answered correctly in order to receive credit for completing the training.
- If you answer questions incorrectly, you will be prompted to return to the previous page and submit the correct answers before moving on. You MUST answer the questions correctly in order for your organization to receive credit for completing the training.
- Should you require closed captioning for the videos, please click the “CC” button on each individual video and that will provide captions for the dialogue.
- It is anticipated that this training will take approximately 2 hours to complete and can be done at your own convenience at any point between Friday, July 23, 2021 – Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
- If you do complete the training in multiple sessions, your progress will be saved. You will just have to return to the Forms tab on OrgLINK to access the Form again and return to the point where you left off.
- Any incomplete submission of the form will be returned to the person and they will be asked to submit it again in order to receive credit.
- Student representatives may only submit one form on behalf of one student organization. A student cannot complete the training on behalf of two or more student organizations.
At least 1 member of each organization will be required to submit the completed form to the Department of Leadership Initiatives no later than 11:59 PM on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. Failure to submit the completed form by the deadline will result in a loss of recognition for your student organization for the 2021-22 academic year. The person submitting the form will need to be listed on the roster for the organization on OrgLINK.
- To add yourself to the roster for the organization you are representing, you can use the blue “Join” button on the home page of the organization to request to join it, or your organization’s officers can add you to the organization by sending you an Invitation to Join which you will then have to accept in order to be added to the roster.
Should you have any questions regarding the 2021-22 Student Organization Required Training or Student Organization Leadership Retreat, please call our office at 936-294-3000 or email us at email@example.com. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM-5 PM.
Need More Information?
Department of Leadership Initiatives
Lowman Student Center, Suite 326