The Freshman Learning Community (FLC) exists to provide the opportunity for freshman to enhance their academic and social experiences during their first year at Sam Houston State University. Each participant is asked to acknowledge acceptance of the following stipulations of the Freshman Learning Community.
- I agree to provide proof, if needed, that I have satisfied the appropriate sections of TSI (Texas Success Initiative) for my chosen cohort.
- I agree to participate in advisement for fall 2014 and spring 2015 by an appointed SAM Center advisor.
- I agree to participate in the FLC Orientation, to take all of the classes in the learning community schedule each semester, and to contribute positively to the program. I understand that the FLC Advisory Committee may remove me form the program at any time if they believe my presence is detrimental to either my well-being or to the community as a whole.
- I agree to participate in evaluations and/or interviews about the FLC cohorts as they are studied and observed by Sam Houston State University officials throughout the 2014-2015 academic year.
- I agree to consult with the Program Coordinator in the Office of the First-Year Experience before making any changes to my schedule or dropping out of the FLC.