How Do I Pay For College

(Freshmen, Transfers, Veterans, International, Former)

  1. First find out if you qualify for federal or state financial aid. Request a Federal Financial Aid Application online. Yes, it'll take some effort to complete all that paperwork---but it pays off!
    • You may be eligible for the TEXAS grant. It includes special funding for students that have received Associate degrees.
  2. Apply for a scholarship.
  3. Get an on- or off -campus job. Login to Jobs 4 Kats to view job opportunities.
  4. Contact your academic department for internship opportunities.


  1. Request and complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  2. Apply for a scholarship. Also, contact your department about other scholarships opportunities.
  3. Contact your department about teaching and research assistantships.
  4. If you are completing a degree to teach in the following areas and are planning to teach in a school that serves low-income students, apply for the TEACH Grant:
    1. Bilingual Education and English Language Acquisition
    2. Foreign Language
    3. Mathematics
    4. Reading Specialist
    5. Science
    6. Special Education
  5. Research and apply for nationally competitive fellowships.