The Master of Science in Project Management program (PMGT) is targeted toward professionals engaged in managing the project life cycle in organizations and industries, who face challenges of introducing new products and services in rapidly changing environments.
These professionals must draw upon a host of knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as on sophisticated technological tools and techniques, to meet project requirements. The program will enable students to develop these competencies, and prepare them for effective project management, both functionally and strategically, and will address all aspects of the product life cycle from design to delivery and cash collection.
In addition, the program will prepare students for certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the premier certifying organization for the project management discipline.
The PMGT degree requires completion of 36 graduate hours and can be completed online.
- Complete the online graduate application form.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all previous college work (except SHSU graduates).
- Submit an official GMAT score.
- Submit a current resume (e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Graduate Application Deadlines
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Summer - May 15
Fall - June 25
Spring - November 12
Summer - April 9
- Meet or exceed the following admission formula:
- 200 (Undergraduate GPA) + GMAT Score >= 1200*
- Demonstrate a minimum of three (3) years' significant managerial and professional experience**
- Submit an essay about a project management experience and aspirations that clearly communicates why the student is pursuing this degree. (500 words or less, Times New Roman, 12 point font size). Essays should be submitted to email@example.com
- Additional Requirements (Applicants with Bachelor's Degree from Outside the U.S.)
- Official GMAT score of at least 500.
- TOEFL score of at least 79 or IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- English translation and evaluation of Official transcripts.
- GMAT Waiver Requests
- Undergraduate GPA* of 3.5 or higher allows for a comprehensive review of academic performance and consideration for a GMAT waiver.
- Seven (7) years significant managerial and professional experience allows for consideration for GMAT waiver**.
- Applicants who have an undergraduate degree granted by an non-U.S. institution will not be considered for a GMAT waiver.
*The Undergraduate GPA is the GPA from courses taken at the degree granting institution. Transfer grades are not used in the computation.
**Normally, the required experience is earned after completion of the undergraduate degree. A committee will assist, if needed, in determining if the applicant's experience meets the "significant managerial and professional experience" threshold.
M.S. in Project Management