Student Discipline in the Residence Halls
In a community of learning, disruption of the educational environment, destruction of property, and interference with the orderly process of the University or with the rights of other members of the University will not be tolerated. Every person present and/or participating in a policy violation will be documented and may be subject to disciplinary action.
At any time, the Residence Hall Director may refer a discipline case to the Assistant Director for Student Discipline and Risk Management. The Assistant Director or designee may impose any of the following:
- Verbal or written warning (reprimand)
- Administrative/Educational sanction (project assignment)
- Reassignment within housing facilities
- Area restriction
- Suspension of hall rights and privileges
- Residence Hall Probation
- Termination of contract
At any time the Assistant Director for Student Discipline and Risk Management may refer a discipline case to the Dean of Students' Office. The appeal process grants any party with a grievance the right to be heard. The appeal process is as follows:
- The Coordinator's sanction may be appealed to the Director of Residence Life.
- Appeals must be submitted in writing to the Residence Life Office within 24 hours.