The Ninth Annual URS
April 23, 2016
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Presenter Registration Deadline: March 15, 2016
Award Submission Deadline: April 15, 2016
Come find out more about the SHSU Undergraduate Research Symposium in this wonderful session!
We will be discussing not only when and where the URS will be, but also details about how to present, what your abstract should look like and we will give more information about the three SCHOLARSHIPS offered.
This is also a great time to bring up any questions you may have!
The following informational meetings will be held in the Honors Lounge in LSC, Room 319.
- February 3rd, 4:00-5:00 PM
- February 4th, 4:00-5:00 PM
The URS was conceived of and is hosted by the Honors College Student Ambassadors, who believe in the importance of sharing undergraduate research in a multi-disciplinary environment. It was created to:
- Provide a forum for students to present their research to faculty and other students
- Give students the opportunity to practice public speaking to prepare for future conferences
- Give students the chance to network with other students and faculty
- Help students grow as emerging professionals in their fields of study
To achieve these ends, the URS is a congenial, positive, professional environment, and faculty volunteers serve as moderators to provide informal yet constructive feedback to everyone who presents.