Sam Houston State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sam Houston State University or visit their website www.sacscoc.org.
- The College of Business Administration’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs are accredited by AACSB International, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). As one of only thirteen universities in Texas with accreditation from NCATE, the educator preparation programs meet the accreditation standards necessary to ensure high quality graduates.
- The American Chemical Society recognizes the Department of Chemistry as having adequate faculty, facilities, library, curriculum, and research for training professional chemists.
- The Sam Houston State University undergraduate computing science degree program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, telephone: (410) 347-7700.
- The Masters Program for Licensed Professional Counselors is accredited by the Council of Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) for the period July 2006 through July 2014.
- The Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) at the undergraduate level and the Dietetic Internship (DI) Program at the graduate level in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences are currently granted accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995. (312) 899-0040, ext. 5400. Website: www.eatright.org.
- The Interior Design Program in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences is granted accreditation by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
- The Master of Library Science (MLS) program has recently been nationally recognized by the National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education. The review took place in October 2008, and the program was unconditionally accredited on February 1, 2009 by the American Library Association in association with the National Council of Accreditation for Teach Education.
- The Bachelor of Music curricula of the School of Music are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Doctoral Program degree in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The Graduate Program in School Psychology is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to ensure high quality school psychology training and services. Any individual interested in reviewing the official document listing the accreditation, approval or licensing of Sam Houston State University, will have access to such material in the Reference Department of the Newton Gresham Library.