Welcome to the Sam Houston State University Counseling Center!
The SHSU Counseling Center provides individual, couples, and group therapy to students who are currently enrolled. Our mission is to provide service within the university environment that contributes to the academic success, personal growth, and positive social contribution of Sam Houston State University students. We embrace a student-oriented philosophy that is respectful of diversity and is committed to the development of the student as a whole person.
How We Can Help
It is not uncommon to need additional support as a college student.
Counseling may be of help if you feel concerned about:
- Where you are going with your life.
- Picking the wrong female, male, friends.
- Coping with romantic relationship difficulties.
- Coping with academic difficulties.
- Feeling stressed out or anxious.
- Feeling sad or depressed most of the time.
- Making new friends in college.
- Feeling like you can't go on.
- Thinking that things always go wrong.
- Coping with a physical or learning disability.
- and many more issues that may impact mental health.
If you feel that any one of these applies to you, you may find it helpful to come to the University Counseling Center and talk it over with a counselor. Counseling services are available during normal business hours throughout the year (including breaks between semesters) except on University designated holidays. For more information, call us at (936) 294-1720 or stop by to make an appointment to speak with a counselor. The Counseling Center is located across from the Lee Drain Building, next to the Farrington Building.
Sam Houston Counseling Center
Box 2059 | Huntsville, TX 77341-2059 |Phone: 936.294.1720 |Fax: 936.294.3794