As a student in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, you’ll gain an education from a college that is ranked fifth nationally, based on faculty scholarly productivity and doctoral programs, by the Academic Analytics Company.
You’ll be part of Sam Houston State University’s newest college (created in 2004) in the newest (opened in March 2009)—and largest—academic building on campus, the $30 million College of Humanities and Social Sciences building. This beautiful building was created with students like you in mind. Features include:
- 24-hour computer labs with an abundance of computers and televisions
- “Smart” classrooms with state-of-the-art technology—geared toward enhancing the teaching and learning experience
- 150,000 square feet of classroom space, student services areas and faculty and administrative offices—so you have easy access to faculty and administrators
- The 10,000-square-foot, national award-winning Student Advising and Mentoring (SAM) Center
- Professional and Academic Center for Excellence (PACE), created to ensure your faculty are exceptional teachers
The College has eight departments: