Current and Former Students and Alumni
A transcript is a comprehensive record of your academic progress, including transfer courses, credit earned by exam, and earned degrees.
Your name appears on your transcript as it appears on your university record. Official transcripts include the university seal and the signature of the registrar.
Student academic records are classified as confidential and may be released only with the student's authorization.
Note: The Registrar's Office does not currently accept official transcript requests by phone, fax, or e-mail. To order an official transcript, please select from one of the options listed on the How to Order Transcripts page.
Your transcript will be sent as soon as possible, but processing may
take longer during peak times; particularly at the end of semesters.
Free Transcripts For Students and Recent Graduates
- Students are eligible to receive up to 5 free transcripts during the terms they are enrolled.
- Per semester transcripts expire the first day of class of the following semester.
- Unclaimed free transcripts do not roll forward to future semesters.
- Students enrolled in only correspondence coursework are not eligible to receive the free transcripts.
- Upon graduation from SHSU, alumni are eligible for 10 free transcripts which are available for ONLY one year after the graduation date listed on the transcript.
- Regular fees apply once a student or alumni has exhausted his or her free transcripts.
- Holds preventing the release of the transcript must be resolved within one year following graduation in order to request free transcripts.
Reasons for denial of transcript request:
There are many reasons why a transcript request has been denied. Please review the reasons below and contact the appropriate department.
- Payment: Registrar’s Office (936) 294-1035
The fee for each transcript is $5.00 and must be included with request.
- Signature: Registrar’s Office (936) 294-1035
Student signatures are required for the release of an official transcript, when requested by mail or by proxy.
- No Record:Registrar’s Office (936) 294-1038
There is no record of completion of any courses at Sam Houston State University.
- Financially Indebted: Bursar’s Office (936) 294-1083
Transcripts will not be released for students who are financially indebted to the University.
- Exit Counseling Hold: Financial Aid (936) 294- 1774
- Defaulted Loan Hold: Financial Aid (936) 294- 1774