Step 1: Complete the Online Application for SHSU
Complete an online application through ApplyTexas.org [what's this?] and pay the $45 non-refundable application fee at ApplyTexas.
Alternatively, you may pay the application fee directly to SHSU after completing your application through ApplyTexas.org. SHSU will receive your application within 24 hours of submission and after that period of time, you may mail a check to the Undergraduate Admissions Office or pay the application fee to SHSU with a credit or debit card.
- Qualifying students may submit an application fee waiver request (PDF) to SHSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
SHSU requires transcripts from all institutions where you have enrolled in a course or courses, even if you did not attend or the course was not completed. Contact the school(s) to send official transcript(s) to SHSU.
- Mail an official transcript to:
Sam Houston State University
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Huntsville TX 77341-2418
- Or ask your school to send an electronic official transcript to Sam Houston State University (code: 003606).
- Please note that SHSU does not accept fax or emailed transcripts.
|0-11 transfer credits||Meet the Beginning Freshmen Admission Requirements and have a 2.5 GPA on transferable hours.|
|12-17 transfer credits||Minimum 2.5 GPA.|
|18+ transfer credits||Minimum 2.0 GPA.|
Transferring classes from a college or university within Texas? See course credit transfer agreements with specific schools.
For transfers from all other schools:
- Search by school to see which of your college classes will transfer to SHSU with the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.
- Or use the Texas Common Course Numbering System conversion chart to determine transferable course credits.
Sam Houston State University accepts 66 academic hours plus four kinesiology hours for a total of 70 semester hours from community colleges. All academic courses attempted at a four-year regionally accredited U.S. university will be reviewed for transferability. Transferable courses may not be relevant to every degree plan which is reviewed by an academic advisor.
Visit our financial aid website to learn how to complete the FAFSA, learn about scholarships like the Bearkat Transfer Scholarship and to complete the ScholarX Scholarship Application. You must be accepted to SHSU in order to complete a ScholarX application. Most scholarships available to fall applicants have an application deadline of February 1.
Upon admission to SHSU, register to attend Transfer Orientation. At Orientation you'll complete mandatory advising for classes and register for your first classes.
Ease your transition into a degree program at SHSU with joint admission.