All ePAFs for September 15, 2013 payment must be submitted to the Payroll Office by August 28, 2013. Please contact our office with any questions.
Approving Non-Exempt Time Sheets...
If you are an approver and need assistance with approving online time sheets, please refer to this manual: Approving Time Sheets and Leave Reports
Coming April 1, 2013! Non-Exempt Employee Online Time Entry...
Non-exempt employees will move to online time reporting effective with the April 1 -15, 2013 timesheet.
Please use this link to access our new training document for assistance when reporting time online: Non-Exempt Web Time Entry
As always, please contact our office for assistance.
2012 W-2s Are Now Available Online!
Please use the following steps to view and/or print your W-2:
- Campus Tools
- My Sam
- Campus Resources
- Banner Self-Service
- Tax Forms
- W-2 Wage and Tax Statement (make sure the year is 2012 and click DISPLAY)
- Printable W-2 (button at the bottom of the screen)
If you no longer want to receive your W-2 electronically, withdraw consent by returning to the Electronic W-2 Consent page where you originally elected to receive the document online and uncheck the consent box. Alternatively, you may send a written request that includes your Sam ID to the Payroll Office at the address below. By withdrawing consent, you will receive a paper W-2 at the end of January each year until online consent is selected again.
Important Information Regarding Time/Leave Approval...
Recent upgrades to our web time entry and leave report system has created a change in the ability to approve submitted documents by the supervisor/approver.
Please make note of the following deadlines to submit and approve time:
- No change to deadline.
- Complete and submit your web timesheet or leave report by 5:00 pm on the second business day after the end of the pay period.
- Make sure to submit your timesheet or leave report prior to the deadline; double check to make sure that your supervisor is aware you have submitted your time for approval.
- Deadline now in place!
- Approve all submitted web timesheets and leave reports before 6:00 pm on the second business day after the end of the pay period.
- Evaluate the timing that you have established for your staff to submit their timesheet or leave report in an effort to allow ample time to review the document submitted before final approval. Make changes to their timing if necessary.
We recommend that employees and approvers create reminders to assist in meeting the required deadlines for submission and approval. Any web timesheets or leave reports that are not completely approved prior to 6:00 pm on the second business day after the end of the pay period should be moved to a paper document and submitted to the Payroll Office for processing on the next available pay period.
"It is the function of the Payroll Office of the University to produce, in a timely manner, an accurate payroll that complies with all state and federal regulations."
Our office is located in the CHSS Building, Suite 420 and we are open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Our mailing address is:
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2095
936.294.1909 - Phone
936.294.1099 - Fax