No matter how unsure you feel taking that first step toward college, every single one after that will be a little easier. It also helps if you have a plan to follow during your senior year in high school. Transfer students also have special procedures.
Thinking Forward in the FALL of your SENIOR YEAR
- Complete the Apply Texas application.
- Pay the undergraduate application fee or apply for an application fee waiver: Application Fee Waiver Request [.pdf]
- Take the appropriate tests (THEA and ACT or SAT) and have your results sent electronically to SHSU (FICE 003606). Visit our Testing Center website for more information.
- Tell your school(s) to send your transcripts to Sam Houston State University (#003606).
- Once you have been accepted, please visit the ScholarX website at Sam Houston State University to apply for merit-based scholarships during the fall of your senior year. New application deadline for 2014-2015 will be available after September 18, 2013, and the priority deadline for submittal is February 1, 2014 [must be an accepted student with a login].
Thinking Forward in the SPRING of your SENIOR YEAR
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Be sure to send it well in advance of the FAFSA deadline (March 31st).
- Visit the SHSU Paying FORWARD page for additional financial aid guidance.
- Visit us during our college preview day “Saturday@Sam”.
Thinking Forward once you are accepted to SHSU
- Visit the Incoming Freshman page and follow the instructions.
- Make sure to take advantage of other financial aid options by visiting the FORWARD webpage.
Thinking Forward as Transfer Students
- Visit our Transfer Student Page for special instructions.