Undergraduate students are required to apply for the rebate on forms provided by the institution prior to receiving their baccalaureate degrees. Students are also required to keep the institution apprised of their address for at least 30 days after their graduation date.
You should be completing degree requirements for the current term in order to submit a Tuition Rebate Form. Students who do not meet degree requirements for the current term will need to submit a new Tuition Rebate Form at the time of graduation.
Deadline: Tuition Rebate forms are due by 5PM on the last Friday of the semester (during finals week).
SECTION 54.0065 OF THE TEXAS EDUCATION CODE
To be eligible for rebates under this program, students must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- They must have enrolled for the first time in an institution of higher education in the fall 1997 term or later, and
- They must have received a baccalaureate degree from a Texas public university, and
- They must have been a resident of Texas, must have attempted all coursework at a Texas public institution of higher education, and entitled to pay resident tuition at all times while pursuing the degree, and
- They must have attempted no more than three hours in excess of the minimum number of term credit hours required to complete the degree under the catalog under which they graduated. Hours attempted include transfer credits, course credit earned exclusively by examination, courses that are dropped after the official census date, for-credit developmental courses, optional internship and cooperative education courses, and repeated courses. Courses dropped for reasons that are determined by the institution to be totally beyond the control of the student shall not be counted, and
- The first nine hours of credit earned by examination (credit earned on the basis of AP courses, CLEP or credit granted for high SAT or ACT scores) does not count as hours attempted.
Responsibilities of Students:
Students desiring to qualify for tuition rebates are solely responsible for enrolling only in courses that will qualify them for the rebate.
A student who has transferred from another institution of higher education is responsible for providing to the institution awarding the degree official transcripts from all institutions attended by the student.