Emerging Leaders at Sam Houston State University
Are you a transfer student looking for professional development at SHSU?
Emerging Leaders is a leadership development workshop series based on the Social Change Model of Leadership Development offered to Transfer Students at SHSU. The Department of Leadership Initiatives selects a cohort for the semester and the group commits to attending all Emerging Leaders workshop events to learn about leadership, communication, individual & group values, team building, and active citizenship as they prepare to serve their communities as engaged leaders.
By participating in Emerging Leaders, you will...
- Connect with other transfer students at SHSU
- Define and discuss your Strengths
- Examine issues facing leaders and ways to overcome obstacles
- Apply leadership practices to a service project in the Huntsville community
- Investigate methods of showcasing accomplishments for career advancement
- Prepare a reflective presentation
- Reflect on and assess your Emerging Leaders experience
The next Emerging Leaders cohort will begin in the fall of 2018. The application will open on Monday, August 27th. Want a reminder to apply?
Attend the Emerging Leaders Transfer Student Info Session on Wednesday, September 5th at 3:00 p.m. in the Lowman Student Center, room 315.
Need More Information?
Department of Leadership Initiatives
Lowman Student Center, Suite 328T