Are you a high school student age 15-17 interested in criminal justice? Would you like to gain hands-on experience in criminal justice? Would you like to meet law enforcement agents, professors, and other students that share your interest? Would you like to tour the prison, crime lab, or morgue? Would you like to investigate a mock crime scene?
If you have dreams of a career in criminal justice, come get a glimpse of the real deal. Visit with law enforcement agents, professors, and criminal justice students, as well as go on tours of a prison, crime lab, and morgue. Participate in activities that give you hands-on experience, such as investigating a mock crime scene, being arrested, arresting someone else, and the like.
Past camps have had speakers from the DEA, U.S. Marshals, FBI, Houston Fire Investigation, U.S. Military Police, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Harris County Medical Examiner's office, Huntsville Police, and Sam Houston State University. Past camp activities have included introductions to forensic technology, martial arts, law, and team-building exercises. For a better idea of the activities last years campers were engaged in, check out a sample itinerary*.
One past camper when asked what his/her favorite activity was answered: The "crime lab. I liked to see all the evidence and see equipment used to find evidence."
Come experience four straight days in the field of criminal justice! Can't wait to see you!!!
CJ Summer Camp 2014 Dates:
- Session I: July 6-10
- Session II: July 13-17
- Session III: July 20-24
- Session IV: July 27-31
Summer Camp Forms
- Application will open in January 2014
Half Scholarships will be available
- The cost of this year’s camp is $600. This includes hotel stay, all meals and activities.
- Participants must be 15-17 years of age at the time of the designated camp session.
- All applications must be postmarked by April 4, 2014
- Applicants will be notified bymail no later than April 21, 2014 if they have been selected.
- Complete camp payment must be received no later than May 30, 2014.
- No refund will be given if cancelation is within two weeks of designated camp session.
For any questions regarding information about the camp contact:
Fabia Mendez Summer Camp Coordinator