2020 Carnegie Community Engagement Classification Workshop
We would like to thank the Carnegie Foundation and all universities that participated and helped make this workshop a success.
This two-day workshop assisted campuses with their applications for the 2020 Carnegie Community Engagement classification. Both first-time applicants and those re-classifying after 2010 benefited from hands-on preparation in this workshop. The workshop was held on Thursday, February 15, 2018 from 9:00am to 3:30pm and Friday, February 16, 2018 from 9:00am to 2:30pm, including a light breakfast and lunch both days for each registrant.
- breakfast and lunch included
- an orientation to both the classification and re-classification frameworks
- an overview of the 2020 process
- additions and changes to the documentation framework
- review of the documentation framework and complete application
- strategies that have been effective for successful application
There were opportunities to work through aspects of the application and consider evidence that campuses can provide and time for participants to ask questions. Both individuals and teams attended.
Participating universities included the following:
- Baylor University
- Sam Houston State University
- St. Mary's University
- Texas A&M International University
- Texas A&M University San Antonio
- Trinity University
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of the Incarnate Word
- University of Texas Arlington
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas San Antonio