If you are required to go to court, you must abide by the rules of that court. For more information about the standards in Walker County, please visit the Walker County website. The Walker County Courthouse is located at 1100 University Ave #208, Huntsville, TX 77340.
General Rules for Attending Court:
We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes early for your court appearance if you do not have an attorney. If you are running late, you MUST call your lawyer or the court and notify them that you will be late, so make sure you know the court's phone number.
For appearance, we recommend:
- Close toe shoes. DO NOT wear flip flops;
- Polo/golf shirt or blouse;
- Nice, clean jeans or slacks with no holes;
- No gum, food, or drink;
- Clothing should be neutral colors with no words or images;
- Avoid excessive jewelry;
- No hats;
- Be clean. Comb hair, wash hands, trim beard (if applicable);
- Infants and small children should be left with a sitter or at home in the care of a competent adult. There are no childcare facilities available; and
- Turn off all electronic devices while in the courtroom, and do not use them during court procedures.
Please click here for the Courtroom Standards for the City of Huntsville Municipal Court.