The faculty are accountable for implementing the goals of the College of Education. They are:
- To further excellence in instruction, the College of Education will:
- Recruit and support outstanding faculty.
- Provide the physical environments, resources, and technology for instruction and continued professional development.
- Recruit, advise, and retain qualified students.
- Evaluate the success of students and faculty in achieving personal career goals.
- Provide for the evaluation and improvement of teaching effectiveness.
- To model lifelong learning and further opportunities for research, the College of Education will:
- Promote, support, and recognize faculty and student research activities.
- Promote research as a tool to improve instruction.
- Provide resources, including funds and time,for the support of research.
- Encourage presentations and attendance at professional conferences.
- Involve students in research activities.
- To further public service in support of the university community, the College of Education will:
- Share expertise and resources with individuals and groups through consultant services and applied research.
- Work with other institutions, agencies, and professional groups to exchange ideas, conduct research, share mutual concerns, and foster intellectual growth.
- Provide its expertise to other public institutions at the local, state, national, and international levels.
Departments in the College of Education