Grade Change

Grade Changegrade change

At times, there are circumstances that could require a change to a previously reported grade for a student in your course.The process for changing grades, Request for Change of Grade, can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. When the grade change is requested, the instructor for the student indicates the justification for the grade change, signs and dates the form, and receives a signed acknowledgment of the change by the instructor's department chair.

Grade Change Process:

  • Go to the Office of the Registrar’s webpage -
  • Click the “Forms and Documents” tab on the right hand side of the page 
  • Click on "Faculty and Staff Forms"
  • Scroll down to the “Department Forms” section and look for “Grade Change” under the Request column
  • Open the PDF and either fill out electronically or print and complete by hand
  • Print form and sign
  • Take form to Department Chair for signature
  • Fax form to Office of the Registrar at 936-294-1737


Sam Houston State Logo

Sam Houston State University | Huntsville, Texas 77341 | (936) 294-1111 | (866)BEARKAT Member TSUS
© Copyright Sam Houston State University | All rights reserved. | Contact Web Editor | Last Modified:Grade Change