Join us for our 26th Annual Faculty and Staff Golf Tournament. Open to any current or retired faculty and staff members and their spouses, this tournament has been a long-standing celebration of the end of the year. Typically held the Monday after finals week, it is the annual kickoff to summer.
2019 Faculty & Staff Golf Tournament 1st Place Winners
Bobby Lane - Thomas Warren - Dan McDaniel - Roger Abshire
- General Information
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020*
7:00am - Check In Begins
8:00am - Shotgun Start
12:30pm - Lunch Served
(Awards and Raffle Following Lunch - must be present to win)
*rain date Tuesday, May 12.
$55 Early Bird: March 23 - April 24
$60 Regular Reg.: April 25 - May 6
Space is limited to the first 22 teams. Register early!
- Fee Includes:
18 Hole Green Fees & Cart
Prizes (must be present to win)
Participants can register:
A) in person in the Recreational Sports Office (RSC 162) with cash, check, or credit card or
B) by calling the office at 936-294-1985 to pay with credit card.
Forms may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 936-294-1913. Space is limited to the first 22 teams. Register early!
- Early Bird, March 23 - April 24: $55.00
- Regular Registration: April 25 - May 6: $60.00
Schedule of Events
- 7:00am: Registration opens
- 7:00am: Driving range opens
- 8:00am: Shotgun start
- 12:30pm: Lunch served
- Immediately following lunch: Award ceremony and raffle (must be present to win)
If Monday rains out, those scheduled for Monday will tee off on Tuesday, May 14, shotgun start at 8:00am. Contact the Raven Nest Clubhouse for weather updates the day of the scramble: (936) 438-8588.
If you have any questions, please contact Jaron Rider at (936) 294-3656.
- Past Winners
2019: Bobby Lane - Thomas Warren - Dan McDaniel - Roger Abshire
2018: Charlie Vienne - Rich Ballinger - Mitchell Muehsam
2017: Thomas Warren - Dan McDaniel - Bobby Lane
2016: Thomas Warren - Bill Bridges - Dan McDaniel - Bobby Lane
2015: Dan Fry - Ed Chatal - Jason Hooten - Dean Choate
2014: J.R. Ohr - Zach Daniel - Roger Abshire - Pat Jaggers
2013: Rich Ballinger - Dean Lewis - Charlie Vienne - Mitchell Muehsam
2012: Roger Abshire - David Lee - Paul Gentry - Brad Myers
2011: Dick Eglsaer - Keith Jenkins - Bill Hymen - Gary Oden
2010: Roger Abshire - Brad Myers - David Lee - Paul Gentry
2009: Righ Ballinger - Dean Lewis - Charlie Vienne - Dana Gibson
2008: Rich Ballinger - Dean Lewis - Charlie Vienne - Jim Bexley
2007: Bill Bridges - Rod Cannon - Bobby Lane - Dan McDaniel
2006: Roger Abshire - Ron Proctor - Vic Wayhan - Paul Gentry
2005: Richard Cording - Frank Krystyniak - Ron Randleman - Terry Thibodeaux
2004: Richard Cording - Frank Krystyniak - Ron Randleman - Terry Thibodeaux
2003: Richard Cording - Frank Krystyniak - Ron Randleman - Terry Thibodeaux
2002:Erika Ritter - Brad Ritter - Logan Nichols - Deidre Hinez
2001: Ed Blackburn - James Bexley - R. Dean Lewis - Mitchell Muehsam
2000: Ed Blackburn - Jeffery Edwardson - R. Dean Lewis - Mitchell Muehsam
1999:Richard Cording - Frank Krystyniak - Ron Randleman - Terry Thibodeaux
1998: Shawn Fulgham - Mike Hooker - Tim Paulsel - Jim Sessions
1997: Ronnie Choate - Thelma J. Douglass - Erika Notzke - Vic Shaefer
1996: Richard Cording - Frank Krystyniak - Ron Randleman - Terry Thibodeaux
1995: Don Hood - John Lumley - Bobby Williams - Walt Williams
- Tournament is a 4-person, scramble format.
- All foursomes are limited to 1 "A" player. An "A" player is defined as anyone with a 10 handicap or lower.
- Golf foursomes can consist of all men, all women, or any combination thereof.
- At least 2 members of a foursome must be a current faculty or staff member.
- The other two players (if not current faculty/staff) may be 1) a fully retired SHSU faculty or staff member, or 2) a spouse/partner of a current faculty/staff member.
- Non-university employee Spouse/partners must play in the same foursome as their university employee spouse/partner.
- All men will hit from the gold tee boxes. (Exception: All Male PGA card holders must hit from the black or furthest tee box back)
- All women will hit from the green tee boxes. (Exception: All Female PGA card holders must hit from the gold tee box)
- Single entries will be accepted. If single players sign up, they will be assigned to teams with only 3 players.
- Teams are encouraged to have 4 players play. If teams have 3 players (in advance or on the tournament day) the Rec Sports Dept. will fill the 4th player's spot.
- If a Rec Sports staff member is not available to fill the 4th player's spot and the team only has 3 players then that team is only allowed to hit 3 shots. No rotation of a 4th shot is allowed.
- Bogey is your friend. Report scores no higher than a bogey on your scorecard. If you miss your par put on any given hole, pick-up and move on to the next hole recording a bogey.
- Players must also adhere to all course rules when participating in the tournament.
- Any decisions on differences of opinion/interpretation on all rules are made by the events coordinator the day of the tournament and are final.
- Contact the Raven Nest Clubhouse for weather updates the day of the scramble: (936) 438-8588.
- Only two riders and two bags allowed per cart
- Each player must have their own golf bag and equipment
- No metal spikes or athletic cleats
- Ball marks, divots and bunkers must be fixed, replaced and raked
- Carts must obey the 90 degree rule unless directed otherwise
- Golf carts must be kept out of long native grass
- Golfers are responsible for course and equipment damage
- All tournament players must keep up with pace of play
- Proper attire must be worn at all times
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Weaver at (936) 294-1934
Where is Raven Nest located?
Raven Nest is located on the west side of I-45. We recommend using directions from the Raven Nest Website (http://www.ravennestgolf.com/directions/).
How do I Register?
Participants can register: A) Online by clicking the link above, B) in person in the Recreational Sports Office (RSC 162) with cash, check, or credit card or C) by calling the office at 936-294-1985. Space is limited to the first 22 teams. Register early!
Can I attend without golfing?
Absolutely! You may join us for lunch for $15.00.
Are there any special rules?
Please see the rules tab on this page for information.
Raven Nest Golf Club makes the decision on rain, please call them at (936) 438-8588. If the tournament is canceled Monday due to rain, those scheduled will tee off Tuesday, May 15. The event will be canceled if we cannot play on Monday or Tuesday.
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Weaver at (936) 294-1934.
Contact Rec Sports
936.294.1985 | email@example.com