Enrollment for the Summer Dance Intensive is limited to 46 qualified students. Admission to the program is by audition only. Students can attend a live audition or choose to audition via video link to our site. There are two ways to apply. In person at our live audition or via video submission.
Live Audition: Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Live Audition Registration Deadline: Sunday, February 23, 2019
Video Audition Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2019
Deposit Due: May 8, 2019
Full Tuition Due: June 1, 2019
- If the applicant decides to audition via video, the video must be uploaded with the application by Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- For those attending the live audition, it will take place at the James and Nancy Gaertner Performing Arts Center (815 17th Street, Huntsville, TX) on Sam Houston State University’s campus, Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. There are no additional fees for attending the live audition.
- The deposit amount due on May 8, 2019 is $175. The remainder will be due on June 1, 2019.
- Ballet - must demonstrate a center adagio, and grand allegro combination.
- Modern/Contemporary – a short phrase demonstrating the basic skills and understanding of the use of floor work, and the ability to improvise.
- Solo – a two-minute choreographed solo danced in the style of your choice. If the solo is not the applicant’s choreography, be sure to state the choreographer of the work.
- Come prepared and dressed properly to participate in classes of ballet, modern, and jazz.
Department of Dance
815 17th Street, Suite 150, Huntsville, TX 77340
Phone: (936) 294-3342 or (936) 294-1875 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org