The following will be required for admission:
- An Application completed at Apply Texas and submitted to Graduate Studies.
- The requisite application fee.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with at least the equivalent of a minor (18 semester credit hours) in history or in closely related disciplines. On rare occasions, history related experiences in the military or in civilian life may substitute for a deficiency in this area.
- Most successful applicants have an undergraduate GPA above 3.25 and a GRE verbal score in the 50th percentile or higher. A slight deficiency in one of the above areas may be offset by superior scores on the other academic components.
- Submission of a writing sample.
- Two letters of recommendation.
The application deadlines for this program are: March 1 for Summer; March 1 (priority) for Fall; July 1 (space available) for Fall; October 1 for Spring.
To make a formal application to the program, you may apply online via the SHSU Graduate Studies Application for Admissions page or you may secure an application by contacting:
Online Learning Fee
Please see the SHSU Distance Learning Fees page for additional information. These fees are subject to change by the Board of Regents of the Texas State University System.