The Advanced Animal Science curriculum is broken down into 14 units. Within each unit, there are materials to assist with lectures, quizzes, handout information and exams. Each unit may not have all components.
QUALITY COUNTS is mandatory starting this 2012 for all exhitbitors showing in market and/or breeding livestock at major livestock shows!
- Scope and Sequence
* Units 1-11 complete. Once the last units are completed the new document will be uploaded.
- Laboratory Materials
- Unit 1: Supervised Agricultural Experience
- Unit 2: Safety in the Livestock Industry
- Unit 3: Scientific Methods and Laboratory Activities
- Unit 4: Molecular Genetics and Heredity of Livestock
- Unit 5: Growth and Development
- Unit 6: Livestock Reproduction and Breeding
- Unit 7: Anatomy and Physiology of Livestock Species
- Unit 8: Evaluating Livestock
- Unit 9: Livestock Nutrition
- Unit 10: Livestock Diseases and Parasites
- Unit 11: Livestock Harvesting
- Unit 12: Marketing Livestock
- Unit 13: Policies and Issues in Animal Science
- Unit 14: Employability Characteristics
- Useful Websites