2022 Staff Excellence Award Nominations Now Open
Feb. 15, 2022
SHSU Media Contact: Wes Hamilton
Nominations are being accepted through March 18 for the annual Staff Excellence Awards. Four recipients, including two exempt and two non-exempt staff employees, will be selected.
These nominations give full-time faculty members and employees the chance to show their appreciation for outstanding staff who have demonstrated excellence during their time here at Sam Houston State University.
“We have many wonderful employees at Sam Houston State University, and we hope to get as many good nominations as possible,” said Meredith Conrey, chair of the Staff Excellence Award Committee.
Once winners are chosen, they will be recognized during the Fall 2022 General Faculty/Staff Meeting and will receive a financial stipend of $2,000. To nominate a member of the staff, fill out the online form at https://www.shsu.edu/dept/hr/excellence.html.
President Alisa White (center) recently recognized the 2021 Staff Excellence Award recipients. They are (from left) Jeanine Bias Nelson, Elliott Cochran, Kathleen Gilbert, Dustin LeNorman, and Edward Tivador
Criteria for selection include:
- Be a full-time, non-temporary staff member (non-faculty with a minimum of two years of service at time of nomination)
- Show meritorious performance
- Display proven commitment to excellence in service
- Excel in his or her job
- Demonstrate outstanding abilities, innovative ideas, efficient operations, high level of motivation
- Be respected by the University community
- Cannot have been a previous recipient (See list of past recipients here.)
- Any full-time member of the faculty or staff of SHSU may make nominations, and employees may make more than one nomination.
- END -
This page maintained by SHSU's Communications Office:
Director of Content Communications: Emily Binetti
Communications Manager: Mikah Boyd
Communications Specialist: Campbell Atkins
Please send comments, corrections, news tips to Today@Sam.edu