On-Campus Vaccine Clinics Set For Sept.
Aug. 31, 2021
SHSU Media Contact: Emily Binetti
Experts continue to strongly encourage vaccination to protect against COVID-19, including the Delta variant. To encourage vaccination, the Sam Houston State University Student Health Center will host two COVID-19 vaccination clinics on campus open to all students, faculty and staff.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept. 8 and Sept. 9, vaccinations will be available for free at the Newton Gresham Library. Participants will be able to choose from either Pfizer or Moderna. No appointments are required for participation. Registration can be done online or in person at the event.
The SHC will host an information table in front of the library to answer questions and direct participants inside the library to a designated area to receive the vaccine.
What will be available:
- First dose (Moderna or Pfizer)
- Second dose (Moderna or Pfizer) You must bring your vaccine card with your first dose date documented:
- Pfizer – only if 21+ days after your first dose
- Moderna – only if 28+ days after your first dose
- Third booster dose ONLY for those with a weakened immune system or immunocompromised; this will be documented on your registration forms. You must bring your original vaccine card with prior vaccine and dates on it.
*Limited to 100 doses per day.
For further questions, contact the Student Health Center at 936-294-1805.
- END -
This page maintained by SHSU's Communications Office:
Director of Content Communications: Emily Binetti
Communications Manager: Mikah Boyd
Communications Specialist: Campbell Atkins
Please send comments, corrections, news tips to Today@Sam.edu