Regents Approve Construction, Name Changes At Meeting
Feb. 20, 2015
SHSU Media Contact: Julia May
The Texas State University System Board of Regents approved the following items for Sam Houston State University during the board’s quarterly meeting in Austin on Feb. 19-20:
• Changing the name of the Department of Counseling to the Department of Counselor Education
• Offering the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Science degrees in sociology via distance learning
Finance and Audit
Setting board rates as follows:
• Increase All-Access Plan by 4.71% from $1,805 to $1,890
• Increase 20 Meal Plan by 4.35% from $1,725 to $1,800
• Increase 15 Meal Plan by 4.42% from $1,695 to $1,770
• No change to Bearkat Flex Plan
• Increase Bearkat Value Plan by 4.17% from $720 to $750
• Increase Bearkat Light Plan by 2.94% from $510 to $525
Setting room rates as follows, effective Fall and Spring 2015-2016:
• Increase room rates by 4% to the following: Baldwin, Crawford, Creager, Mallon houses; other small houses; Belvin and Elliott Halls; Estill Hall; Jackson-Shaver Hall; Lone Star Hall; White Hall; Sam Houston Village; and Raven Village. Also Bearkat Village Apartments
• For Summer School 2016: A 4% increase for White Hall and Raven Village
Planning and Construction
• Approval of the design development documents prepared by The Lawrence Group of Austin for the Fred Pirkle Engineering Technology Center project and the projected total cost of $22 million with funding by a $10 million gift and $12 million in Texas State University System Bonds
• The board requested an additional rendering for the South Dining project.
• Approval of beverage vending, pouring and sponsorship rights for SHSU to be awarded to Pepsi Beverages Company for seven years with an optional renewal period of up to three additional years.
• Approval of the purchase real estate on 16th Street in Huntsville, which is adjacent to current property owned by SHSU and within the boundaries of the current master plan. The property will be used for future campus projects and expansion.
• Approval to amend the May 26, 2005, Food Service Contract between SHSU and ARAMARK Education Services of Texas, Inc., which provides for a board rate increase of approximately 4%.
• Approval of an Interlocal Agreement between the City of Huntsville and SHSU for the design and installation of various pedestrian safety and traffic calming improvements along Bobby K. Marks Drive.
• Approval to award a depository services contract to Wells Fargo through Aug. 31, 2017, and retain the existing contract or depository services with First National Bank of Huntsville.
• Authorization for SHSU to name the Student Health and Counseling Center the William R. Powell Student Health and Counseling Center.
- END -
This page maintained by SHSU's Communications Office:
Associate Director, Communications: Emily Binetti
Telephone: 936.294.1836; Fax: 936.294.1834
Communications Manager: Wes Hamilton
Telephone: 936.294.1837; FAX: 936.294.1834
Communications Writer: Hannah Haney
Telephone: 936.294.2638; FAX: 936.294.1834
Thomason Building: Suite 102
Please send comments, corrections, news tips to Today@Sam.edu