Are you ready to Level Up?
Our newly-launched QEP, Engaging Classrooms, is dedicated to increasing active learning in the classroom, an evidence-based practice that is shown to increase undergraduate student learning. To implement Engaging Classrooms, we are creating and expanding numerous opportunities starting in Summer 2019 to
- help faculty integrate active learning into their courses
- improve both student learning outcomes and student success
The following opportunities and grants are available to all SHSU teaching faculty.
- Engaging Exploration
- ACUE Course
- Engaged Learning Fellowship
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Teaching Innovation Grants
- Odyssey Grants
- Engaging Spaces
In addition to these opportunities and grants, all faculty will have access to the following resources.
- Engaging Classrooms Library
- Engagement Gear
- Engaging Classrooms Observation
- Engaging Classrooms Week
The five-year Engaging Classrooms Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is part of our reaffirmation process directed by our regional accrediting body Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to increase student success and the student learning experience at SHSU.
Like our Facebook page or subscribe to the PACE newsletter to stay up to date on events and programs in Engaging Classrooms.