Returning Veteran/Reservist

If you are a returning Veteran after being out for a long semester or longer:

  1. Contact the Veterans Resource Center @ 936-294-1046 to have the appropriate links generated to your MySam account once you have been accepted to SHSU and you are registered for courses.
  2. Log into MySam>My Account> Financial Aid Requirements>Select Aid Year.
  3. Complete the required online forms and upload any required documents.
  4. Submit your online forms to the Veterans Resource Center for approval. Check your SHSU student email account for any correspondence regarding your request.

If you need to change your degree program or updated your home school, you will need to request changes to your benefits.

  • Veterans Table
  • five men walking next to each other in gear
  • Soldiers in Uniform with Flags and Guns
  • Tents and Rock wall
  • Man in Uniform with Child and woman