Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is a non-voting body of student representatives that will serve as liaisons between Student Health Center and Office of Health Promotion to ensure effective delivery of healthcare services to the student body of SHSU. Some of the operational expectations of this committee are to:
- Foster feedback from students regarding SHC services and resources
- Communicate any ideas regarding operations, services, marketing and outreach events
- Communicate any student body concerns regarding services
- Promote good health and the SHC/OHP mission throughout the University community
- Collaborate with SHC/OHP to design and implement programing and outreach initiatives/events
As a member of the Student Health Advisory Committee, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop insight about healthcare in a college setting and relay student input to the Student Health Center
- Work directly with the Student Health Center (SHC) and Office of Health Promotion (OHP) administration
- Volunteer at SHC and OHP events around campus
- Help plan campus-wide events that promote student awareness for campus health and wellness resources
- Develop leadership and professional skills
- Network with fellow students and SHC and OHP staff
Years at SHSU: 1 1/2
Jasmyne is a current Student Nursing Assistant at the Student Health Center, Orientation Leader, and serves as the Chief of Public Relations for the Student Government Association and the Financial Secretary for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. She is also a part of the Elliot T. Bowers Honors College.
Years at SHSU: 2
At SHSU, I am pursuing a Biomedical Degree with a minor in Spanish. Since I’ve been here, I have been a part of the Freshman Leadership Program, which allowed me to get more involved in the community and on campus. I am president of Alpha Lambda Delta, an honor society for first year students, which opened the door for me to become a better leader. I also work in the Department of Leadership Initiatives, where I help oversee all the student organizations on campus and help coordinate different community service events.
Will Kinch III
Years at SHSU: 3
Willie Kinch is a 21 year old Junior Pre-Nursing Major . He is the former President of the Theta Mu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., the former Vice President of the NAACP Unit 6816, current President of The Iota Psi Chapter of Order of Omega and member of the honors college, and the Communications Officer for SHAC.