Come join the Staff Senate for a Spooktacular time
Let's get spooky, Bearkats!
Staff Senate is hosting the annual Spooktacular Breakfast on Monday, October 31, from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. in the Lowman Student Center White Ballroom.
Join your colleagues for scary good breakfast tacos and compete for a chance to win prizes for the most spooktacular individual costume and group costume. There will also be a photo booth on-site to capture all of the fun and for you to snap a social media worthy picture! We even conjured up a way for you to participate if you can't attend in person.
Register for the costume contest in-person by 9:00 a.m. on the day of the event, or virtually by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org between 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Although you may enter each category (individual and/or group), you may only enter the contests either in-person or virtually.
Visit the official website for contest rules and registration information. Donations of nonperishable food items to benefit the SHSU Food Pantry are requested (not required) upon entrance. See the Food Pantry Wish List.
Please contact Staff Senate at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We can't wait to see you!
Donations of nonperishable food items to benefit the SHSU Food Pantry are requested (not required) upon entrance.
Contest Rules and Registration
Prizes for in-person and virtual participants
- Most Spooktacular Individual Costume
- Most Spooktacular Group Costume
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. - Register in person the day of for contests
- 9:15 a.m. - Costume contestants gather at stage for judging
- 9:30 a.m. - In-person Costume & Pumpkin winners announced
- 8-9 a.m. - Submit entries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Entries accepted ONLY during this timeframe)
- Noon - Virtual Costume winners announced on Social Media (QR codes below)
- Individual or group can only enter in person or virtually – Not both.
- Virtual contestants will be separate, not going against those at the in-person event.
- To be counted in the virtual contest, please email entries on Monday, October 31, 2022 between 8:00 to 9:00 am. Entries before or after will not be considered.
- Virtual participants will need to submit entry photos to email@example.com and include the following:
- The category you’re entering
- Names of the participants
- Department name(s)
- Point of contact name, email, location, and phone number
- Staff Senate can participate in the contests. However, they can’t judge the contest they enter.