Financial Literacy Week is the signature event of the Student Money Management Center. This week-long event is held every year in February and features several guest speakers and presentations that teach students about managing money, creative ways to save, debt and credit, how to become financially secure, and so much more!
This event also features opportunities for students to win individual scholarships or scholarships for their organization!
Financial Literacy Week 2019 Information
Event Dates and Times
Scholarships and Awards
- One $250 scholarship will be awarded at all 5:30pm and 7:00pm events
- Winner must have an active Bearkat OneCard
- Winner must be present for the entire event
Organization Participation Contest
- The two organizations with the highest participation during Financial Literacy Week will receive a $1000 award
- Must be a registered organization on campus
- Must submit org roster and org contact name, email and phone number to the Student Money Management Center by February 13, 2019.
- There must be org representation at a minimum of three FLW events throughout the week
- Org members must have an active Bearkat OneCard to participate
- All org representative must check in at the conclusion of each FLW event to receive credit for participation
Family Feud Contest
- Organizations will compete tournament style in answering financial literacy and money management related questions.
- 1st Place - $1000
- 2nd Place - $500
- 3rd Place – $250
- 4th Place - $250
- Participation in the contest requires organizations to sign and submit “Family Feud Agreement Form” and “Family Feud Rules” by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Contact the Student Money Management Center for more information.