Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
The Pre-Assessment Activity will inform you of the following information:
- 1. The purpose and importance of the TSI Assessment.
- 2. Your developmental college course options based on your TSI placement.
- 3. Academic resources available to you and sample test questions to help prepare you for the TSI Assessment.
Taking the Pre-Assessment Activity
Signing Up for the PAA
- You can access the Pre-Assessment Activity by using the link below for the Accuplacer website. SHSU Pre-Assessment Activity
- To Access the Pre-Assessment Activity, you will need to visit the Accuplacer website and create your own account for the Practice APP.
- After creating your Accuplacer account, choose the Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity option.
- You will now be able to begin your Pre-Assessment activity. On the first page please make sure to choose Sam Houston Houston State University
- For more detailed instructions on creating your Accuplacer account and signing up for the PAA, please see the link below Pre-Assessment Activity Guide
How-to guide for Taking the PAA
Next Step After Completing the PAA
- Once you have completed your Pre-Assessment Activity through Accuplacer, you will receive a certificate as proof that you have completed the PAA.
- The certificate will be emailed to you so please make sure to enter your email correctly.
- If you do not initially see the PAA certificate in your email inbox and you have confirmed the correct email address was entered, please check your spam box.
- In order to submit your PAA certificate, please email TSI@SHSU.EDU
- Once the TSI team has received your certificate and updated your student record to show you have completed the PAA, you can then schedule your TSI Assessment. Email TSI@SHSU.EDU
Where to Send PAA Certificate
Scheduling the TSI Assessment
- Once you have completed your Pre-Assessment Activity requirements, you will be able to schedule the TSI Assessment through the Sam Houston State University Testing Center.
- The Sam Houston State University Testing Center offers the TSI exam to students through both in person and remote testing options.
Signing Up for the TSI Assessment
For immediate assistance, please contact the Registrar's Office: