- Valid SHSU ID Card or Family Membership Card required
- Only enter the pool area when a lifeguard is on duty.
- Bathing suits ONLY (No thong bottoms)
- All bathers must rinse off or shower before entering the water
- No full-body floatation devices
- No glass beverage containers
- No tobacco
- No running or horseplay
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Rules subject to change
If the pool drains in the deep-end of the pool are not visible to the lifeguard from the lifeguard stand then the pool will be closed until visibility has returned.
If thunder is heard by the lifeguards on duty then the pool area will be cleared for 30 minutes following the last thunder heard. The pool will then be reopened when it is safe to return to the pool area.
If Lighting is detected within 10 miles of the facility the pool area will be closed for 30 minutes following the last detection of lightning. The pool area will then be reopened when it is safe to return to the pool area.
- Temperature Below 55ºF
If the outside air temperature falls below *55ºF the pool will be closed.*Weather is initially determined by using weather.com. Throughout regular pool hours any changes in the weather or outside air temperature will be monitored by using weather.com and the facility outside thermostat.
Contact Rec Sports
936.294.1985 | firstname.lastname@example.org