Emerging Leaders at Sam Houston State University
Are you a transfer student looking for professional development at SHSU?
Emerging Leaders is a leadership development workshop series based on the Social Change Model of Leadership Development offered to Transfer Students at SHSU. The Department of Leadership Initiatives selects a cohort for the semester and the group commits to attending all Emerging Leaders workshop events to learn about leadership, communication, individual & group values, team building, and active citizenship as they prepare to serve their communities as engaged leaders.
By participating in Emerging Leaders, you will...
- Connect with other transfer students at SHSU
- Define and discuss your Strengths
- Examine issues facing leaders and ways to overcome obstacles
- Apply leadership practices to a service project in the Huntsville community
- Investigate methods of showcasing accomplishments for career advancement
- Prepare a reflective presentation
- Reflect on and assess your Emerging Leaders experience
Attend the Emerging Leaders Transfer Student Info Session on Wednesday, September 5th at 3:00 p.m. in the Lowman Student Center, room 315.
The application for the Fall 2019 Emerging Leaders cohort will open in August 2019.
Need More Information?
Department of Leadership Initiatives
Lowman Student Center, Suite 328T