The mission of the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) is to promote equal access for students with disabilities to the educational programs, services, and activities at SHSU.
SSD affords students with disabilities the opportunity to reach their full potential by:
- Providing academic adjustments and auxiliary aids and services
- Promoting independence and self-advocacy
- Making referrals to support services on campus and in the community
SSD seeks to foster a supportive and inclusive environment for students with disabilities by:
- Building and maintaining partnerships with faculty and staff
- Promoting disability awareness on campus
- Providing consultation services and outreach programming on student disability issues for the SHSU community
It is the policy of Sam Houston State University that no otherwise qualified disabled individuals shall, solely by reason of their disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any academic program or activity.