- Good Standing – Chapters that are currently recognized as having met all Greek Life minimum standards, as defined in the Greek Life policy. These organizations are not under review by the Student Code of Conduct and have no pending sanctions.
- Conditional– Chapters that have not yet met the minimum standards required to be in good standing as defined in the Greek Life policy.
- Suspended – Chapters that have temporarily lost their recognition as official university organizations due to violation of Greek Life policy and/or the Student Code of Conduct. While on suspension, chapters may not participate in University events or utilize University resources.
- Unrecognized – Previously recognized entities that have made the active decision to no longer be recognized as a chapter or organization at the University. These organizations may appear to operate like official university organizations, but they are NOT affiliated with, or recognized by, SHSU. These organizations do not have the privileges and benefits of recognized university organizations. In the spirit of informed consent, it is important to note that involvement with unrecognized entities carries with it inherent risk.
Benefits of being a Chapter in Good Standing:
- All benefits of any SHSU registered student organizations (use of campus facilities, tabling, designated intramural teams, etc.)
- Eligible for Campus Life Development Fund Program.
- Recognition on SHSU Greek Life Website, social media, and other marketing avenues.
- Eligible for Greek Life Achievement Awards.
- A copy of a current good standing letter sent to your organization’s national office.
- Advised and supported by the SHSU Greek Life office.
- Ability to recruit members through all four recognized councils (Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Council, National Panhellenic Council, Multicultural Greek Council).
- Ability to reserve indoor and outdoor space on campus.
- Ability to participate and be recognized in the Pillars of Achievement and Excellence program.
- Ability to participate in SHSU Greek Life events.
- Access to official university branding and logos.
- Ability to participate in university traditions at the organizational level (e.g., Homecoming, tailgate, letter placement in Parker Plaza).
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- Alpha Gamma Rho
- Kappa Alpha Order
- Phi Delta Theta
- Phi Gamma Theta
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Theta Chi
Panhellenic Association (PHA)
- Alpha Chi Omega
- Alpha Delta Pi
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
- Zeta Tau Alpha
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Alpha Phi Alpha
- Delta Sigma Theta
- Kappa Alpha Psi
- Omega Psi Phi
- Phi Beta Sigma
- Sigma Gamma Rho
- Zeta Phi Beta
Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
- Lambda Theta Alpha
- Omega Delta Phi
- Sigma Lambda Gamma
- Alpha Tau Omega (non-compliance) - IFC
- Delta Tau Delta (non-compliance) - IFC
- Delta Xi Nu (low membership) - MGC
- Iota Phi Theta (low membership) - NPHC
- Sigma Chi (non-compliance) - IFC
- Lambda Chi Alpha - MGC
- Lambda Theta Phi - MGC
- Omega Phi Chi - MGC
- Sigma Lambda Beta - MGC
- Kappa Delta Chi Sorority (Until Fall 2024) - MGC
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity (Lifetime Ban) - IFC