Transfer Orientation is a program designed with a diverse group of transfer students in mind. These sessions help new students become familiar with services and programs vital to their successful transition as full active members of the Sam Houston State University community.
- Who should attend and what is the cost?
- Optional for all students who graduated high school BEFORE the 2018 - 2019 academic year are eligible to attend Transfer Orientation regardless of the number of credit hours they have earned.
- Non-refundable fee of $50 per student (covers lunch and all orientation materials).
Parent/Family Orientation is $20 per person (covers lunch and all orientation materials)
- A $10 fee will be charged for all walk-in students.
- What to bring to Orientation?
- Valid government issued ID (driver's license, state ID card, or passport). Required to obtain your Bearkat OneCard.
- Sweater or light jacket (Meeting rooms are cold.)
- Paper and pen or pencil
- Spending money
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Is orientation overnight?
- Orientation is a one day program that does not include an overnight stay.
- Where is check-in?
- The location for check-in for Transfer Orientation is at The Lowman Student Center on the 2nd floor outside of the Orange Ballroom from 7:45am-8:45am.
- Please park on the 4th and 5th level of the SHSU Parking Garage. You must register your vehicle through the link provided in your confirmation email.Please note there is construction around the parking garage, be aware aware of street closures shown here on this map.
- What happens during orientation?
- To see the most up to date schedule download the SHSU Guidebook app with the white logo and orange SH.