UPCOMING SCHEDULE CHANGES
FRIDAY (DECEMBER 14, 2018): NO WALK-IN AVAILABILITY
(Sam Houston State University Policy Information)
ACCUPLACER ESL tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in listening, reading, English, and writing. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student. ACCUPLACER ESL presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
NOTICE: In addition to scheduled test times, walk-ins are also accepted for the ACCUPLACER-ESL exam. It is imperative for test candidates to contact the Testing Center the day before the planned walk-in date to check on changes to the center hours and schedule. If you are traveling from out-of-town, you may be interested in testing locally at a college/university near you! Please see the section below for taking a Remote Test.
TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus):
- Monday - Friday
- Schedule: Various times from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Walk-in: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Examinees should call the Testing Center the day before he/she plans to walk-in to verify any changes to the testing schedule.
- Examinees need to report to the testing site at least 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time
- Three hour time limit
- $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Examinees may register for a scheduled test date via our website. Click here to register
- Seating is limited and registrations are done on a first-come, first-served basis
- Rescheduling will require a payment of another registration/administration/test fee
- If testing remotely, please view the REMOTE TEST section
Individuals wishing to test at a remote location must fill out the remote test application and submit at least 3 days in advance of their desired test date. Same day processing is not allowed.
- Current, unexpired picture identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test
- Students taking the ACCUPLACER ESL can retest at any time
- Registration/administration/test fee applies
ACCUPLACER ESL WEBSITE: www.collegeboard.com