Educators- Appraisal Staff
The models for appraisal staff vary according the the organizational philosophy and size of a school district. Whereas one district may utilize a diagnostician to conduct psychological testing and lead the IEP meeting, another school district may utilize the educational diagnostician to test and have a position known as the ARD Facilitator to lead the ARD/IEP meeting. Appraisal staff typically consists of the educational diagnostician, the Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP), and the ARD Facilitator. This section of the website contains tools and information that supports those positions in their role and responsibilities for transition services.
NOTE: If one of your duties is responsibility in your school district as the state designee, the Transition Employment Designee (TED), over transition services for your school district or if you are responsible for transition services on your campus, the information in the Transition Designee section of the website will also be beneficial to you.
The Council for Exceptional Children's (CEC) National Standards for Transition is the official guidance for educators that are responsible for or have a role in the planning, implementation, and results for transition services.
In This Section:
The Appraisal Staff page provides information to diagnosticians, ARD Facilitators, LLSPs, and other positions that play a role in the actual IEP Meeting and/or have leadership roles over Transition Services. The information includes tools and online resources to assist with the roles and responsibilities for those positions. Another source of information is the state professional organization for diagnosticians, the Texas Educational Diagnostician Association (TEDA) http://www.txeda.org/?page=theDiaLog
- Admin Trans Checklist (Rev. 2017)
- Borreca Legal Cases Feb. 2015
- CEC Standards for Transition Specialist 2013
- Fidelity Checklist for Transition Assessment
- Fidelity Checklist for Transition Services
- GC SHSU Student-Led Parent Interview Form-2017
- HOUMET - PPT Handout Mitchell & Cole.Nov
- OSERS Transition Guide Rev. May 2017
- TEDA Oct. 10-2017 V.Mitchell & Transition Assessment
- TEDA Transition Assessment Oct.2016-1 hour
- Transition Law exerpts from IDEA 2004