GUIA Fellow Application
The Graduate/Undergraduate Instructor Academy (GUIA) is designed to assist graduate adjunct instructors, instructional assistants, graduate assistants, lab instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, mentors, supplemental instructors, and more with instructional training and resources for the betterment of student success.
In an effort to include student representatives in the planning of the GUIA event, the GUIA committee offers 4 student committee positions, or GUIA Fellowships, each semester (ideally 2 undergraduate, 2 graduate). GUIA Fellows will help plan, lead, and evaluate the GUIA event. They will also aid in the selection of subsequent GUIA Fellows. GUIA Fellows are eligible for a $500 scholarship, contingent upon committee evaluation and approval.
GUIA Fellow duties can vary between students and may look very different from semester to semester. GUIA Fellows with campus connections may help in contacting those resources and planning the event. Those with computer and/or webmaster skills may help the committee develop a website. The possibilities are varied and endless.
If you are interested in being a GUIA Fellow, please complete the following application. Minimum requirements include:
- students must be current SHSU students with a semester (or more) left in their studies
- completion of the application
- a resume or curriculum vitae (attached while completing the application)
- 1 letter of recommendation (max - 3 letters; attached while completing the application)
- you may also include additional documents that support your application (ex: teaching philosophy, teaching portfolio, certificates)